Great Falls At Sunrise
- Title: Great Falls At Sunrise
- State/Province/Region: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: DC
- Nearest Town: McLean
- Brief Directions: From Frederick, 270 south, take Great Falls exit and follow signs to Great Falls National Park. There are overlooks both on the Md and VA side. This shot was taken from the VA side.
9200 Old Dominion Dr.
McLean, VA 22102
or from 495South beltway
Take exit 44 for Route 193, Georgetown Pike.
At the top of the exit ramp, there is a traffic light. If you are exiting from I-495 South, coming from Maryland and the George Washington Memorial Parkway, take a right at the light onto Route 193 West. If you are coming from I-495 North (the Inner Loop) from points south or I-66, you will take a left at the traffic light onto Route 193 West. About three miles down the road, you will come to another traffic light at the intersection of Old Dominion Dr. At the traffic light, you will see a sign for the park. Make a right at the light. Old Dominion Drive will dead end at our entrance station, about one mile down the road.
- Notes: Long Exposure using a 10 stop ND filter.
- GPS Longitude: 38
- GPS Latitude: 77
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: One of the Frederick Camera Cliques outings was to venture out early to catch the light at Great Falls with the jagged rocks as it flows into the narrow Mather Gorge. Great light this morning for sure, combined with the vast force of the water pounding on the rocks, seeing the spray and the glint of sun lighting it all left us awe struck.
- Gear: Nikon D90
This Photo Has Been Viewed 61 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!