Falling Branch (kilgore Falls)
- Title: Falling Branch (kilgore Falls)
- State/Province/Region: Maryland
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Jarretsville
- Brief Directions: Take MD Route 24 north to St. Mary's Road. Turn left and continue about 1.4 mile and turn sharp right onto Falling Branch Road. The parking area is 100 yards on your right. Stay on trail from end of parking lot, over a wooden bridge, climbing along a ridge and then descending to the stream. There is a series of rocks crossing the stream, but at high flow you must be very careful or you will get wet. Cross the stream and continue on the path to Kilgore Falls.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This little jewel is located in Falling Branch State Park. It is a short hike from the parking area to the falls, along a nicely wooded path where deer are commonly seen. Fall and winter scenes are best; the area can be quite crowded in summer.
- Gear: Nikon D700, Nikkor 24mm PC-E, Gitzo 3541, BH55
This Photo Has Been Viewed 271 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!