Winter On The Taylor River
- Title: Winter On The Taylor River
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Taylor Reservoir
- Nearest Town: Almont, Colorado
- Brief Directions: Travel north out of Gunnison, Colorado on State Highway 135 about 14 miles to the small fishing resort town of Almont. Turn right onto Taylor Canyon Road which eventually leads you to the Taylor Reservoir. The ski resort town of Crested Butte is only another 15 miles from the turnoff at Almont.
- Notes: There's no need to get up early for winter shoots in Taylor Canyon, it stays in the shade almost all day. Dress warmly, it can be really cold!
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Taylor Canyon is a photographic playground in any season but my favorite is winter after a fresh snowfall. The snow hangs in the trees, there are very few other people (no photographers) and it's peaceful and serene. The river rarely freezes over so it usually makes a good subject.
- Gear: Nikon D700, Nikkor 28 - 75 f2.8, Bogen Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 279 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!