- Title: Red Maple
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Hill Country Region
- Nearest Town: Vanderpool
- Brief Directions: From the town of vanderpool take highway 187 North about 5 miles. The park entrance is on the right.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Lost Maples State Natural Area is located in the Hill Country of Texas in Bandera County. The park hosts a population of bigtooth maple trees. the trees are an isolated remnant of the ice age and survive in the cooler, shadier canyons of this area.
This particular tree stood out among the rest of the fall foliage. I love it when mother nature makes things easy for me.
- Gear: Pentax 67-75mm lens-bogen 3036 tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 356 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!