The Hyde's Mill In Wisconsin
- Title: The Hyde's Mill In Wisconsin
- State/Province/Region: Wisconsin
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: MADISON WI
- Brief Directions: Located on Dam Mill Road between County Road H north from Ridgeway and County Road T, north from Barneveld
- Notes: Wisconsin's roads along miles and miles of magnificent scenery through deep woods, broad vistas from high ridges and rock bluffs over deep clear brooks.
unique and popular site is Hyde's Mill, built by Ted Sawle, Sr. at the original site of the 1850 dam on Mill Creek. Untouched by the glaciers the country lies in the unglaciated "driftless" area where rolling hills and rugged stone bluffs stand proud giving shape to a landscape of wooded hills, ravines and the cultivated mosaic of farm fields.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Hyde's Mill
Dan Mill Rd., Hyde
Built in 1850, Hyde's Mill, One of the few mills left which is powered by a wooden waterwheel.
dam and millpond are surrounded by lush woodlands and prairie openings, serenaded by birdcalls and gentle waterfalls.the Hyde's Mill area is one of the region's most tranquil and beautiful in Wisconsin.
- Gear: Camera Canon 40D, lens28mm-105 f/4 L,,Manfrotto Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 521 times
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!