Cades Cove - Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Title: Cades Cove - Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- State/Province/Region: Tennessee
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Nearest Town: Townsend, TN
- Brief Directions: From the north: From interstate highway I-40 in Knoxville take Exit 386B to US-129 South to Alcoa/Maryville. At Maryville proceed on US-321 North/TN -73 East through Townsend. Continue straight on TN-73 into the park.
From the south: From interstate highway I-75 take Exit 376 to I-140 E towards Oak Ridge/Maryville. Merge onto I-140 E via Exit 376B towards Maryville. Turn onto US-129 South (Alcoa Highway) at Exit 11A and travel towards Alcoa. Turn onto TN-35 and follow it to US-321 North. Follow US-321 North/TN -73 East through Townsend. Continue straight on TN-73 into the park.
- Notes: Traffic can be heavy at times on the Cades Cove Loop Road.
- GPS Longitude: 35
- GPS Latitude: 83
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: This image was captured while driving the Cades Cove Loop Road. Other than the sweeping landscapes that can be seen everywhere, wildlife can be seen at almost every turn. This image was captured December 30, 2012 following snowfall at the higher elevations. We saw wild turkey, whitetail deer and a coyote on this trip to the park.
- Gear: Camera, wide and telephoto lenses and a tripod.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 170 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!