Silver And Gold
- Title: Silver And Gold
- State/Province/Region: Wisconsin
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Madison
- Brief Directions: The photo was shot on the shore of Lake Mendota on Madison's north side
- Notes: 5d III 24-105mm F20 1/8 shutter ISO 50
Focal length 47mm
Shot on Tripod
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: The ice along the shoreline of Lake Mendota in Madison had broken up after a unseasonably warm week. The mid morning sun was giving the broken ice a gold color. With my camera locked into my tripod I shot it at f20 so that i could get the shutter to 1/8 of a second and capture some movement in the icy water. I not only caught the water rushing over a rock but also an incoming wave. The contrast of the gold liquid ice against the silver shoreline ice made for a nice abstract shot.
- Gear: Canon 5d III 24-105mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 95 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!