Molokai Lookout Sunrise
- Title: Molokai Lookout Sunrise
- State/Province/Region: Hawaii
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Southeast Oahu
- Nearest Town: Hawaii Kai
- Brief Directions: Drive East of Hawaii Kai on the Kalanianoloe Highway (72). The lookout is a well marked pull-out about one mile past Hanauma Bay.
- Notes: Wear good hiking boots to walk on the steep lava flows below the lookout.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The Molokai Lookout on the Southeast corner of Oahu, Hawaii is a wonderful place to watch the sun rise. On a clear morning the islands of Molokai, Maui ,and Lanai are visible. However, the colors are usually better when the weather is not so clear. On light wind days in the spring the lookout is a great place to view humpback whales breaching.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 17-35mm f:2.8 L lens, small tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 193 times
, Black & White
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!