- Title: Above The Moats
- State/Province/Region: New Hampshire
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: White Mountain National Forest
- Nearest Town: Conway
- Brief Directions: The southern starting point is off of Dugway Rd., Conway, NH. Head north on Routh 16 into downtown Conway. At lights take a left onto West Side Road. Passaconaway Rd. will be on the left and turns into Dugway Road.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Spring and Fall bring great variations of colors and textures to the expansive views from the three summits of Moat Mountain along the Moat Mountain Trail. While the exposed ridge offers great views, thunderstorms and winds can be dangerous along this stretch. The trail can be hiked north to south, or south to north but I prefer the south to north so the best views are always in the direction I am hiking. A picturesque set of cascades known as Diana's Bath marks the norhtern end of the trail.
- Gear: Canon 5D II, 24 -105L, Bogen tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 613 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!