- Title: Autumn's Kingdom
- State/Province/Region: Maine
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Baxter State Park
- Nearest Town: Millinocket
- Brief Directions: Directions to the Togue Pond Gatehouse (south entrance to Baxter State Park)
Travel on I-95 to Exit 244 in ME; turn west on Route 157 and travel to Millinocket. Proceed through both traffic lights in Millinocket. Eight miles from Millinocket, pass buildings and Northwoods Trading Post on right. Continue another 8 miles on the blacktop road to Togue Pond Gatehouse.
- Notes: Given the still conditions, I zoomed in slightly to give the mountain more prominence, then bracketed several exposure at different focal lengths. I blended these manually to increase DOF for the zoom setting.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Baxter State Park is home to Maine's tallest peak, Mount Katahdin. While its 5,268 ft. height might not seem that impressive, the serrated Knife Edge on the right side of this image is one of the more challenging and exposed trails in New England. Fall colors around the many small ponds and marshes of Katahdin create a grandeur not seen in other seasons.
- Gear: Canon 5D MarkII, Canon 24-105L IS, B&W polarizing filter, Manfrotto tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 341 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!