- Title: Spirit Island
- State/Province/Region: Alberta
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Jasper National Park
- Nearest Town: Jasper
- Brief Directions: Located at the south end of the Maligne Lake, which is a gorgeous, wildlife-filled, 48 km drive from the town site of Jasper, Spirit Island is a 90 minute cruise ride or a 2-3 hour canoe ride from the north end of Maligne Lake. Jasper National Park is a 4 hr drive west along the Yellowhead Highway from Edmonton Alberta.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: No landmark so perfectly epitomizes the Canada Rockies like world-famous Spirit Island on Maligne Lake in Jasper National Park . The 90 minute scenic cruise to this diminutive jewel has been crowned as the "BEST BOAT TOUR IN CANADA" by 8 million Reader's Digest subscribers.
- Gear: Tripod, cable release, split ND filter, polarizer, warm clothes
This Photo Has Been Viewed 352 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!