- Title: Autumn's Embers
- State/Province/Region: New Hampshire
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: White Mountain National Forest
- Nearest Town: Conway
- Brief Directions: Rt. 16 North from southern NH to Dugway Rd in Albany to the Moat Mountain trailhead.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Nothing beats a gorgeous sunset when you can include some colorful fall foliage. In this case the autumn alpine colors atop Moat Mountain provided the perfect mix, as the ambient warm light of sunset backlit these blueberry bushes. Even the distant trees in the valley glowed in this amazing sunset light. 2 images were manually blended to preserve the details in both the sky and land. Complete stillness prevented blur in the trees and scrub during the long exposure. The sky appeared to be on fire, ignited by the forest and mountains below.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 24-105L, Manfrotto tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 430 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!