Water World - Patagonia
- Title: Water World - Patagonia
- Country: Chile
- Nearest Area: Torres del Paine National Park
- Nearest Town: Esperanza
- Brief Directions: While the park is accessible year round fro Puerto Natales (115 K), I drove from El Calafate via Paso Don Gullermo. Take Route 11 east to Route 40 south, across the boarder into Chile.
- Notes: Expect to take a full day to travel this route, plenty of gas if driving your own car.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: In this sunrise shot in Chile's Torres del Paine, I battled strong winds at the edge of the incredibly turquoise Lake Pehoe as Los Cuernos (The Horns) rise in the distance. Glacial activity helped form these peaks and the many lakes that dot the park. I used my body to shield the camera and lens fro the spray and wind, hoping for that perfect crashing wave.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 28-105L, Manfrotto tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 117 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!