Great Gulf Wilderness
- Title: Great Gulf Wilderness
- State/Province/Region: New Hampshire
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: White Mountain National Forest
- Nearest Town: Jackson
- Brief Directions: Rt. 16 north from Jackson to Pinkham Notch. A number of trails head toward the top of Mountain Washington's north face for this impressive view.
- Notes: 2 horizontal images were stitched to encompass the interesting FG textural elements as well as the colorful sky.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I spent several early mornings this past year hiking through the night to reach this location by sunrise. The view of the northern Presidential Range is one of the best in NH. I had scouted out compositional possibilities many times before and chose this angle to highlight the high peaks of Mounts Jefferson, Adams, and Madison in the distance. The tiny Spaulding Lake sits like jewel at the base of the ravines.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 17-40L, Manfrotto tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 366 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!