- Title: Steam & Sun
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yellowstone National Park
- Nearest Town: West Yellowstone, Montana
- Brief Directions: Located in the "Upper Geyser Basin" of Yellowstone National Park. You have to walk to it but it is really easy.
- Notes: Nikon D90, Nikon 18-35 lens, polarizer, ISO 200, f5, Aperture Priority 1/4000, center-weighted, handheld.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: A "Grand Geyser" eruption. Sometimes you will wait for hours. On this day it erupted about 5 minutes after I arrived (plain luck). The sun and wind at this time were such that my best photo opp was to shoot directly into the sun. This is my favorite of the batch. 9/4/2010
This Photo Has Been Viewed 930 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!