Sunflowers At Sunset
- Title: Sunflowers At Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Michigan
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Turtle Creek Casino along Highway 72
- Nearest Town: Traverse City
- Brief Directions: Along Highway 72 just east of Traverse City behind the Turtle Creek Casino. This field is only planted to sunflowers in some years.
- Notes: Contrary to popular belief sunflowers do not follow the sun. This was taken pointed toward the west, but the sunflowers are pointed east.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: I had been watching this field of sunflowers for a couple of weeks. The light was just about right and the flowers were near their peak. I used a graduated neutral density filter to hold back some of the light in the sky. It still required some Photoshop work to lighten the shadows and to darken the clouds.
- Gear: Nikon D2X, 17-55 mm f2.8, graduated neutral density filer, gitzo tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 389 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!