Rodeo Starlight Twilight
- Title: Rodeo Starlight Twilight
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: San Francisco Bay Area
- Nearest Town: Sausalito
- Brief Directions: About five miles NW of the Golden Gate Bridge, or 20 minutes from Sausalito, ca. Once at Rodeo Beach, walk south for about 1/10th of a mile.
- Notes: Personally, my favorite thing about this image is the cloud composition. I had hoped for these type of conditions; therefore this image had that often needed element of luck.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: I had an idea to capture something a little different at popular Rodeo Beach.
I waited until it was dark enough, to give my shutter speed/aperture combination the chance to help create the desired result. I chose an exposure long enough to enhance the fading color and light, as well as to show movement in the clouds. Then I selected an aperture one setting away from wide open, to display the stars.
- Gear: Nikon D700, Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5, Manfrotto Tripod, Giottos Ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 348 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!