- Title: Valley Of Ice
- State/Province/Region: Alaska
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Denali National Park / Mt. McKinley
- Nearest Town: Talkeetna, AK
- Brief Directions: Usually, one would charter a plane from nearby Talkeetna, and be flown to Mt. McKinley. This area is the Great Gorge, and is very well known.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: The "Great Gorge," located on the south side of Mount McKinley, was found to be nearly 9000 feet deep, making it deeper than the steepest valleys in the Grand Canyon or Yosemite National Park. The measurement includes the ice of the Ruth Glacier, which fills the bottom of the gorge, combined with the height of the vertical walls that surround it.
- Gear: Pentax 645, Pentax Lens, Manfrotto Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 425 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!