Blue Ridge Mountains Of Virginia
- Title: Blue Ridge Mountains Of Virginia
- State/Province/Region: Virginia
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Lexington, VA
- Brief Directions: From Lexington, VA, take Route 60 East for about 10 miles, through the small town of Buena Vista and continuing, until the Blue Ridge Parkway crosses Route 60. Access at that point and travel north about 2 miles for this viewpoint.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This image was taken from the Blue Ridge Parkway, a 469 mile scenic drive that connects Shenandoah National Park with the Great Smoky Mountains. The Parkway began as a Great Depression era public works project in the 1930s but took 50 years to complete. Outstanding scenery and expansive vistas are just the norm throughout this unique National Park area. As you drive or hike the Parkway, you will observe split-rail fences, old farmsteads and historic structures nestled among the spectacular views of distant mountains and neighboring valleys.
- Gear: Hiking and camping equipment, photography equipment, birding scope
This Photo Has Been Viewed 777 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!