Monument Valley Sunset
Norman H. Carl
- Title: Monument Valley Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Arizona Utah Border
- Nearest Town: Mexican Hat, Utah
- Brief Directions: South from Moab on US 191 to Bluff, Utah then west on US 163
- Notes: Standing on the top of a bluff looking west, I noticed the curious shape of the tree and the way the sunlight actually made the weed seeds at the base of the tree glow. Getting it all was a bit of a task.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Monument Valley is one of the best known places in the American southwest. Thanks in part to all the John Wayne westerns filmed there, most everyone has some knowledge of the area. The entire area of southeastern Utah and northeastern Arizona is filled with some of the most spectactular scenery in the United States
- Gear: Canon 30D, tripod, 17-85 mm lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 562 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!