The Pink Opaque
- Title: The Pink Opaque
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mammoth Lakes/Lee Vining
- Nearest Town: Lee Vining
- Brief Directions: Drive south from the town of Lee Vining, on Highway 395. After five miles, turn left at the signpost for The South Tufa Area. The turnoff for the South Tufa Parking Area is about a mile down and on the left.
- Notes: Lens Setting: 24mm
Exposure: 0.5 Seconds
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: I love winter at Mono Lake because of the quiet and solitude. During this time of year snow can be frequent. On this occasion, I arrived between storms. Conditions were very cold; however the wind had become completely calm. This image was captured just after sunset, when the lakes water was very still, reflecting both these timeless Tufas and the pink of the sky, in it's mirror-like waters.
- Gear: Nikon D700/Nikon 18-35mm f3.5/Manfrotto Tripod/Giottos Ballhead/Singh-Ray ND Grad
This Photo Has Been Viewed 523 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!