The Narrows At Zion
- Title: The Narrows At Zion
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Zion National Park
- Nearest Town: Springdale, Utah
- Brief Directions: The Narrows can be found in Zion National Park in Southern Utah. Day hikers can reach the Narrows from the Temple of Sinawava at the end of the road in Zion Canyon. Overnight trips require a permit and begin from Chamberlain's Ranch on the north side of the park and end at the Temple of Sinawava where a car can be left.
- GPS Longitude: 37
- GPS Latitude: 112
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Consistently rated as one of the best slot canyon hikes in the world, The Narrows at Zion National Park present a unique and extraordinary experience. By walking in the Virgin River hikers can explore this slot canyon where vertical walls soar to over 1,500 feet above the river while narrowing as close as 22 feet apart. The Narrows wind for miles, offering exquisitely colored and carved sandstone and new surprises around every bend.
- Gear: Dry bag, hiking stick, and (in winter) dry suit and neoprene socks and shoes
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1069 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!