- Title: The Rocks Tell The Story
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: The Black Canyon of The Gunnison National Park
- Nearest Town: Montrose
- Brief Directions: Highway 50 East out of Montrose. Left on 347 into the park. Good to call first, open all year, but not all parts are open!
- Description: Evening's last light with the beauty of the landscape on the North Rim of The Black Canyon of The Gunnison National Park. Looking across the canyon at sunset, the spruce trees of the South Rim look tiny. Also, the last light of day falls on the top of one of the spires of unique rock formations in the canyon. Markings seen on the walls of the canyon were formed by lava creating "pegmatite dike" (often miles long and hundreds of feet wide) containing light-colored crystals and mica with traces of gold and silver are responsible for the lovely "Painted Walls" of the magnificent and unique Black Canyon.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 407 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!