- Title: Callafornia Dreaming
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Garapata State Beach
- Nearest Town: Carmel, Ca
- Brief Directions: Just of off Highway One in Big Sur, CA.
- GPS Longitude: 121.807976
- GPS Latitude: 36.270421
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: A few weeks ago, I headed to Big Sur in the hopes of capturing the peak bloom of this awesome Calla Lily field. I arrived about 3 hours early and spent a great amount of time navigating through poison oak looking for the perfect composition. Some of my goals as far as composition were;
-Ensure that no Calla Lilies protruded out of the frame.
-frame an ODD number of primary Lillie's in the immediate frame, in this case five.
-Ensure that the primary lilies faced the camera.
-position myself where the sun would set right in the center of the valley.
-Avoid any black empty foreground brush
- Gear: 5DMK2, 17-40L, cable release, Induro tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 526 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!