- Title: Framing Arch
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Islands in the Sky
- Nearest Town: Moab
- Brief Directions: Go north of Moab and take a left into Canyonlands national Park
- Notes: I'm not sure what they call point and shoots with manual,Av,Sp,etc... So I call the advanced or hybrid point and shoot.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: This is a picture of Dead Horse State Park through Mesa Arch at sun break. I took this picture with a lightweight advanced point and shoot in manual mode. I always carry one of these hybrid point and shoots, in addition to my DSLR, when I travel. Their great to take on long hikes and, in a pinch, work as a decent backup.Their not that expensive so I don't mind packing them in my luggage going under the belly of an airplane. Dynamic range becomes more of an issue with these cameras but can be overcome by finding the right light and/or post processing. We had planned to hike the Syncline trail, in the Island in the Sky region of Canyonlands National Park, on the morning I took this shot. The trail is quite demanding. I didn't want the weight of a DSLR in my backpack all day so I grabbed my point and shoot on the way out the door. It was that or nothing. On the way to the Syncline trail head the road passes Mesa arch. The light was right so we made a quick stop for a few shots.
- Gear: Nikon Coolpix P 80 10mp Advanced Point and Shoot and post processed in Lightroom 4
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1165 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!