- Title: Glory Bow
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lake Crowley
- Nearest Town: Mammoth Lakes
- Brief Directions: Lake Crowley is up the 395 highway North of Bishop by 20 minutes.
- Notes: Hoar frost present a winter wonder land where every direction you look is a fantastic scene. But you need to avoid the "Kaleidoscope" problem and concentrate on composition. Too many shots and nothing to show when you get home. Focus on why you like what you are seeing.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Driving up the Sherman grade to 7000 feet we ran into freezing fog and pulled over to check out the thick hoar frost on everything. I could see some isolated shrubs about a mile away. Trudging through knee high snow in tennis shoes I arrived at the same time some fog drifted into the area. With the low winter sun behind me, bows appeared and by moving around would perfectly frame the objects I spotted.
- Gear: Sony a900,
This Photo Has Been Viewed 102 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!