- Title: Ayer Lake
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Superior
- Brief Directions: West of Superior US -60-89,turn right and follow the driveway to the aboretum.
- Notes: Boyce Thompson Southwestern Arboretum- This vast (1076)-acre) living museum was the dream of William Boyce Thompson,a mining magnate and philanthropist. He endowed not only this site,but the a sister institution for Plant Research on the Cornell University canpus in Ithaca,New York. The Arizona Arboretum is all the more interesting because of the Sonoran desert location.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Boyce Thompson Aboretum-Arizona. Ayer Lake is in the Aboretum which is located in the Sornan Desert.
- Gear: NikonD-70 17-35mm Tameron,circular polarzing
This Photo Has Been Viewed 908 times
, Sun & Sky
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!