- Title: Little River Falls
- State/Province/Region: Alabama
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Ft. Payne
- Brief Directions: Take I-59 in Northwest Alabama to exit 218 Ft. Payne. Follow state route 35 east approximately 5 miles the falls overlook is just past the Little River Canyon scenic parkway in Little River Canyon National Preserve. Be sure to take the Canyon Rim drive.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Little River Falls is where the Little River begins a 45 ft. decent into the Little River Canyon, a National Preserve in Northeast Alabama. Beginning at 1,900 ft. above sea level the Little River is one of the nation's longest rivers that forms and flows for the most of its length on top of a mountain. If you notice the deep blue/green color of the plunge pool, the Little River has few potential pollution sources and the entire river has this unique color throughout it's decent.
- Gear: Kodak Z812 IS, tripod, ND filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 906 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!