South Caney Creek & Falls
- Title: South Caney Creek & Falls
- State/Province/Region: Alabama
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Hwy 278
- Nearest Town: Double Springs, Alabama
- Brief Directions: Take Hwy 278 from Cullman, Alabama west for approximately 30 miles to Double Springs.
Here you will see signs indicating you have entered the Bankhead National Forest. Look for Hwy 33 and head north.
- Notes: Bankhead National Forest and the Sipsey Wilderness Area are two of the most pristine natural areas in the Southeastern U.S. South Caney Creek is located near the southern border of Bankhead and has a number of falls on it. South Caney Creek Falls flows year round, but it is best seen in early Spring or late Fall after a lot of rain.
There are also several great camping areas available.
If you're coming to Alabama, this area is not to be missed.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Gear: Hiking boots, water, food, camping gear, tripod, insect repellan
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1916 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!