Upper Falls At Caney Creek
- Title: Upper Falls At Caney Creek
- State/Province/Region: Alabama
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: AL County Road 2
- Nearest Town: Double Springs, Alabama
- Brief Directions: Caney Creek is located in Bankhead National Forest in Northwest Alabama. The bulk of the forest is located between Double Springs (south) and Moulton (north). Hwy 33 runs north and south through the forest. CR 2 is directly off of Hwy 33 just south of the Sipsey River bridge.
- Notes: This is one of the most beautiful places in Alabama...and maybe anywhere. In the slot canyons of Bankhead NF, you have mostly evergreen trees and moss covered rocks. There are dozens of waterfalls big and small.
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: Tripod, polarizer/ND filters, hiking boots, water
This Photo Has Been Viewed 3716 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!