Little River Canyon National Preserve
- Title: Little River Canyon National Preserve
- State/Province/Region: Alabama
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: US 11
- Nearest Town: Fort Payne, AL
- Brief Directions: To get to the park headquarters from I-59, take Exit # 222 / US 11 toward Fort Payne. Go 0.2 miles, then turn right on US 11. Then Go 1.1 miles down US 11.
When you reach your first red light, continue going straight on US 11.Then go .02 miles and you will look for the Park Headquarters on your left (across from Smith Wheels Car Lot).
- Notes: For touring the preserve on a typical day, driving the canyon loop road will get you to some amazing viewpoints for fall foliage and the Little River. Be sure to stop at the first viewpoint for a spectacular view of Little River Falls. You will need a long telephoto to get a frame-filling portrait of the falls and a very steady tripod if you want a silky-smooth long exposure. Other viewpoints won't show you the falls, but are worth mentioning for the variation of rocky cliffs, rapids far down below and fall foliage displays.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Gear: Long Telephoto Zoom (100-300 range works best). Super Telephoto
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1684 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!