Desoto Falls In Full Force.
- Title: Desoto Falls In Full Force.
- State/Province/Region: Alabama
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: DeSoto State Park
- Nearest Town: Ft. Payne
- Brief Directions: From Ft.Payne, Alabama, you will take Hwy 35 up the mountain and follow the brown state park signs to through DeSoto State Park and then on to DeSoto Falls. It's very easy to find.
- Notes: There are only a handful of angle from which to shoot DeSoto if you're where this shot was taken from. You can get right next to the drop and shoot from there or follow the trail down to where I shot this one. There is also a trail on the access road to the falls that takes you to the other side of the gorge for a tremendous view of the dam and both sets of falls.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: DeSoto Falls is an incredible waterfall in Northeast Alabama. At 104 feet tall, it is the second tallest waterfall in the state, but certainly one of the most impressive. The drop you see here is the last, but there is a 20 foot dam and then a 15 foot smaller waterfall immediately preceding it. While you're in the area to visit DeSoto Falls, make sure you see Little River Falls and Canyon.
- Gear: Camera, tripod, ND or CPL filters
This Photo Has Been Viewed 875 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!