- Title: Dancing Lights
- State/Province/Region: Alaska
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Wiseman, AK
- Brief Directions: From Fairbanks, AK, take the Dalton Highway north about 250 miles to Wiseman. Because there is no light pollution that far north, there are many places to shoot when the northern lights are active.
- Notes: Bring spare batteries for the extra cold.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: The aurora in the higher altitudes gives the red and the whites that one does not see as often as the green. Some foreground trees add interest and help anchor the image.
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, Canon EF 24-70 mm 1:2.8L II USM
This Photo Has Been Viewed 100 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!