Northern End Of Stephens Passage
- Title: Northern End Of Stephens Passage
- State/Province/Region: Alaska
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Glacier Highway
- Nearest Town: Juneau
- Brief Directions: Only accesible by boat. Best place to start from is Auke Bay (about 15 miles North of Juneau). Head west/southwest and then south around the backside of Douglas Island.
- Notes: Just about any waterway in Southeast Alaska can be a good place to spot wildife, but this area is one of my favorites since it's fairly close to Juneau, and I seem to find Humpback Whales "bubble net feeding" there quite often. Viewable wildlife can also be killer whales, sea lions, bald eagles, even porpoises.
- Best Season: Summer
- Gear: Telephoto lenses, wide angle lense (in case you feel like a diff
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1819 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!