- Title: Delta Mountains
- State/Province/Region: Alaska
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Richardson Highway
- Nearest Town: Paxon
- Brief Directions: Take the Glenn Highway North from Anchorage to the Richardson Highway, Continue North towards Fairbanks. The highway travels along the edge of the Delta Mountains starting at mile 160. One of the best spots is up an old dirt road (mile 164.5)towards the Gulkana Glacier.
- Notes: The Delta Mountains are part of the Eastern section of the Alaska Range and are some of the most accessible mountains in Alaska. They offer spectacular views of glaciers and mountains, wildlife including: Caribou, Dall Sheep, Moose and Brown and Black Bears and superb backpacking. The Delta Mountains are an unprotected mountain range that has been damaged by poorly regulated mining, off road use and dumping. Please explore these mountains and share your images with everyone. the more people that know about the Delta Mountains, the better the chances we have of protecting them.
- Best Season: Summer
- Gear: Crampons for exploring the many glaciers in the area.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 507 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!