- Title: "the High One"
- State/Province/Region: Alaska
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Denali National Park & Preserve
- Brief Directions: Taken from within a few miles of the terminus of the only road into Denali National Park & Preserve.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: The perfectly clear day of July, 13, 2013, allowed this rare unobstructed view of the North Face of Mt. McKinley and the Wickersham Wall(Peters Glacier and the North Face). At 20,237 feet above sea level, Mt. McKinley is the highest mountain in North America. The base to peak of some 18,000 ft is the largest of any mountain entirely above sea level.
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D mk iii, 24-105 f/4-23
This Photo Has Been Viewed 133 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!