- Title: Waves Of Red
- State/Province/Region: Alaska
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Gold Stream Valley
- Nearest Town: Fairbanks
- Notes: This winter should be Solar Max and should produce many nights of Aurora viewing in the Fairbanks area as well as most northern latitudes.
- GPS Longitude: -147.465467
- GPS Latitude: 64.93919
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: An impressive Aurora Borealis show surprised me at 6:30pm on December 7, 2013 in Fairbanks, AK. The rare red colors in the Aurora were very exciting to photograph. The best part of this night was that I had my two sons, 10 and 7, out watching this show with me.
- Gear: Canon 7D, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 737 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!