Disenchantment Bay Russell Fjord
- Title: Disenchantment Bay Russell Fjord
- State/Province/Region: Alaska
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: n/a
- Nearest Town: Yakatat
- Brief Directions: Disenchantment Bay is located by Russell Fjords just inside Yakatat Bay. The images taken were captured at the point where Russell Fjords meets the glacier. In the 80's the glacier actually blocked the outlet of Russell Fjords. Its thought that the ice is about 400 yrs old. The blue ice at the face of a glacier means that it is activly calving.
- Notes: My battery was about dead when I shot this image. It was sunny just prior to this, as you can see from the Saint Elias image taken earlier in the afternoon. But as the clouds moved in, the temps began to drop, the wind was very strong - but the beauty, majesty breath taking views;helped me to not notice how cold I was. Words can't describe the beauty here.
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: Warm warm clothing, extra batts, tele and wide angle lens polari
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1316 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!