Inside An Ice Cave On Matanuska Glacier
- Title: Inside An Ice Cave On Matanuska Glacier
- State/Province/Region: Alaska
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Chugach Mountains
- Nearest Town: Anchorage
- Brief Directions: Two hours drive north east of Anchorage on the Glenn Highway in the Chugach Mountains. It is accessible by car and a short hike to the glacier.
- Notes: Matanuska Glacier and the Chugach Mountains are great places to photograph!
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I crawled into an ice cave on Matanuska Glacier in Alaska. I was fascinated with the eery blue light reflected in the mist and the sounds of water dripping and ice cracking! It was a once in a lifetime photo for me!
- Gear: Nikon D200, Nikon 18-200 lens, tripod, crampons, walking stick
This Photo Has Been Viewed 3291 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!