- Title: Northwestern Breakup
- State/Province/Region: Alaska
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Kenai Fjords
- Nearest Town: Seward
- Brief Directions: Take the Seward Hwy South from Anchorage. It will take about 2 hours by car. You can also take the Alaskan Railroad or the Marine Ferry from Valdez or Whittier. The Ferry also connects the Kenai Fjords area with the Inside Passage of Alaska.
- Notes: Website: InAllItsGloryNaturePhotography.com
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Northwestern Glacier Calving in Kenai Fjords National Park. If you are in Alaska, taking a Kenai Fjords Cruise is one of the best things you can do. All the tours vary in length, what you will see, and down what inlets they will go. The fox island 8 hour cruise gives you a great opportunity to see calving glaciers. They are very active on that cruise. On the Northwestern Fjord cruise there is a better opportunity to see Harbour Seals. In two cruises at Kenai Fjords I have seen sea otters, harbour seals, stellar sea loins, puffins, bald eagles, comorants, black bear, gray whales, breaching humpback whales, doll porpuses, & alpine and calving glaciers. Killer whales can also be seen though I wasn't lucky enough to see them on my visits.
- Gear: Canon 30D with Tamron 500mm Zoom Lense
This Photo Has Been Viewed 686 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!