- Title: Alaskan Sockeye
- State/Province/Region: Alaska
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Alaska
- Nearest Town: Juneau
- Brief Directions: Go north to Juneau. Follow the tour buses to the Mendenhall Glacier, a short 3 miles out of town. Look for the obvious boardwalk near the parking lot.
- Notes: Go here in the evening when the crowds are thin.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Steep creek, just outside Juneau, sits at the foot of the Mendenhall Glacier. During the fall salmon spawn, Sockeye fill the creek with their red colors, which starkly contrasts with the earth tones of the surrounding area. A slow shutter combined with a circular polarizer can create a beautiful abstract image.
- Gear: Rain gear, circular polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 761 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!