- Title: Mother & Cub Clamming
- State/Province/Region: Alaska
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Katmai National Park
- Nearest Town: Homer
- Brief Directions: Drive to Homer and fly into Katmai National Park
- Notes: Dimensions: 3983 x 2428
Exposure Time: 1/200
Focal Length 300
- GPS Longitude: 59
- GPS Latitude: 59
- Description: This mother walked the ocean floor with her young clamming for food during breakfast time one early morning. Her paw is wet from digging into the enriched sand for clams. Once the mother pulled the clams out of the sand she would break them open for her cub to eat, while standing watch. Watching the strength of these grizzly bears move, yet graceful and beautiful they hunted.
- Gear: Nikon D300S , 55-300 lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 142 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!