Wintry Thunder Mountain - Sedona
- Title: Wintry Thunder Mountain - Sedona
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Coconino National Forest
- Nearest Town: Sedona
- Brief Directions: Heading north from Phoenix on interstate 17, exit 298 onto SR 179 and drive northwest about 15 miles to the Y and head southwest toward West Sedona and Cottonwood on SR89a, Look for the sign indicating the airport which is on the hill to the left. Turn onto the airport road and drive up the hill and park at a large parking lot across the road from the West Sedona overlook.
- Notes: Although most tourist think this is a once in a lifetime event winter storms occur every year.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: There is no better city view than looking over West Sedona in the winter at Thunder Mountain. Snow storms and clouds accumulate over Thunder Mountain and the color contrast between the red rocks and white snow is amazing.
- Gear: DSLR, Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 157 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!