- Title: The Wave, Arizona
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Coyote Buttes North
- Nearest Town: Page, Arizona
- Brief Directions: Obtain hiking permits through the Utah Bureau of Land Management and follow the directions they provide carefully. The wave itself is located just south of the Utah- Arizona border, about 4 miles from the trailhead, and endless miles from the rest of the world.
- Notes: Overcast skies were an unfortunate circumstance, after two years of waiting for permits and traveling hundreds of miles to finally see The Wave. The proper white balance helped to restore the color, along with a bit of patience.
- GPS Longitude: -112.00613
- GPS Latitude: 36.995877
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The Wave is a remarkable sandstone formation in the Coyote Buttes North area, straddling the border of Utah and Arizona. Although well-known to photographers from a classic all-encompassing vantage point, it also offers a lot of room for exploration and unique compositions, such as this.
- Gear: Nikon D90, Sigma 10-20mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1017 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!