Sunset At The Bend
- Title: Sunset At The Bend
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
- Nearest Town: Page
- Brief Directions: From Page, take hwy 89 south out of town approximately 1-2 miles to a parking area on the right. Take the well worn path from the parking lot to the west going up and over the sandy ridge. Once on top of the ridge, you can't miss it!
- Notes: Good photographs can be had at both sunrise and sunset. Visiting at sunrise usually guarantees far less crowds though.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: The horseshoe bend of the Colorado River near Page, AZ is a place that must be visited to believe. Photographs of this locale, while often impressive, simply can't capture the enormous scale of the scene. Nor can they capture the sense of vertigo one experiences when standing at the rim of the canyon and looking 1000 feet straight down to the river!
- Gear: Canon 5D, Canon 24-70 f/2.8
This Photo Has Been Viewed 7051 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!