Red Rock Crossing - Oak Creek Reflections
- Title: Red Rock Crossing - Oak Creek Reflections
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Coconion National Forest
- Nearest Town: Sedona
- Brief Directions: Red Rock Crossing can be found on the south side of Sedona, Arizona, off Upper or Lower Red Rock roads.
- Notes: Red Rock Crossing is one of the most photograph sites in the greater Sedona area. I have avoided this location for years, but I needed this shot for a magazine assignment and I wanted it to be different from anything I had seen before. I went looking for a variety of photos on a day where rain was the normal, but the clouds were great.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The photo was one of several I made of Catherdral Rock at Red Rock Crossing. It was a stormy day and after not finding what I wanted at another location I ended up at Red Rock Crossing, in Sedona. The wather was a bit chilly and it was raining off and on. It appeared the clouds would break up just as the sun was setting, so I found my spot and waited the clouds, sun and reflections all came together.
- Gear: Nikon D200 f11 1/5 of second 28mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 141 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!