Coyote Butte North
- Title: Coyote Butte North
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Coyote Butte South, Vermillion Wilderness Area
- Nearest Town: Big Water, UT
- Brief Directions: First and foremost, a permit has to be acquired via BLMs online or walk-in lottery system - which is the hard part. The driving part is easy:
Drive on HWY 89 to House Rock Road (between mile markers 25 and 26). Continue on House Rock Road for about 8 miles to the Wire Pass Trailhead parking lot. Trail distance (w/o additional wandering outside of the Wave) is about 8 miles round trip.
- Notes: See a slideshow of my images on youtube by conducting a search using the following tag, "wander in the wyld."
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: It took 3 years to obtain a permit to wander the wylds of Coyote Butte North. My only regret is that i only had winter's short hours to explore the Coyote Butte North area. Nvtls, absolutely amazing geography which is a must for all landscape photographers. Yes, the wave is remarkable and clearly stands-out as the main attraction. But, there are so many nooks and corners to explore which yield such fascinating and surreal beauty. Nvtls, this shot was taken just above the Wave.
- Gear: Canon 7D, 17-40mm f4.0L, B+W Polarizer, Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 and Grip Action (324RC2)
This Photo Has Been Viewed 397 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!