- Title: Red Rock And Snow
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Monument Valley, CA
- Nearest Town: Tuba City, AZ
- Brief Directions: Near the four corners, Monument Valley, AZ
- Notes: Awesome
- GPS Longitude: 110
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: This was my first trip to Monument Valley in the northeast part of Arizona along the border of Utah. This photo was taken in the late afternoon where I was blessed to have the snow on the ground and the sun peeking under the clouds lighting up West Mitten Butte. I overheard that visitors are allowed to drive down into the valley but it was not recommended that day due to snow, ice, mud and water all along the dirt road. Being me, I disregarded the later of the info and I borrowed my mom’s car and drove the car down the trail. I got as far as West Mitten Butte and decided that was far enough due to the car sliding and slipping all over the place. I got a few photographs before the snow started to fall again and the sun disappeared behind the clouds. I got out safely and was rewarded with this photograph.
- Gear: Fuji
This Photo Has Been Viewed 79 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!