Saguaro National Park Az
- Title: Saguaro National Park Az
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Saguaro National Park
- Nearest Town: Tucson
- Brief Directions: Saguaro National Park has 2 sections, one is the NW boundary of Tucson, Arizona; the other is the SE boundary. In between are the 9000'+ Santa Catalina Mountains inside the Coronado National Forest which forms the northern boundary of Tucson.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: There are about 1.9 million saguaros inside Saguaro National Park! Saguaro cactus bloom season is May; each arm may have a couple of dozen in good years. The 3-4" flowers are needed by migrating bats in order to survive their spring crossing of the Sonoran Desert; the resulting fruit is used by many species, especially doves including the migratory whitewing dove.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 583 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!