- Title: "the Wave"
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Coyote Buttes North
- Nearest Town: Kanab, Utah
- Brief Directions: From Hwy 89 find the House Rock Valley Rd turnoff and travel 8.51 south to the trailhead
- Notes: One of the most spectacular sights I have ever had the privilege of shooting. Don't miss it. When applying for a permit use some strategy such as choosing days in the middle of the week. I went in January and it was beautiful but if it is or has been raining the road is impassable even with 4 wheel drive
- GPS Longitude: 112
- GPS Latitude: 36
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: "The Wave" is a sandstone rock formation consisting of eroded Navajo Sandstone sculptured slope.
This is a photographers hidden "jewell"! The fact that a maximum of 20 people a day are allowed to hike back here makes it even more appealing.
- Gear: Backpack, camera, tripod, good hiking boots, GPS, and lunch
This Photo Has Been Viewed 119 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!